Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Still plugging...

This is close but not quite ready for prime time....
A collection of Fibonacci Trees
Although I've never heard of Fibonacci Trees, it seems like a reasonable name for this since it is made up of Fibonacci spirals. It's created with a bunch rectangles with integer coordinates that are Fibonacci numbers. I thought that I could easily use border-top-left radius:100% and conic-gradients... It's some finicky code that seems to produce a bunch of artifacts that I can't get rid of... Currently, the rough draft of the code needs a lot of polish but I feel there is no point streamlining it until it can produce what I want without the artifacts.... I could fix a few of the colour issues that occur in the upper tree not nicely meshing but since the other problems can't be fixed I'll leave it.


There seems to be no issues with the sizes and placements so the artifacts are related to the conic-gradient and perhaps a browser thing...  There is a better way to colour but not one that will be easy least using CSS. 
Perhaps the 3D version of this tree will be more interesting and will fall together better.


No comments:

Popular Posts